Monday, December 8, 2008

What Exactly IS the Ironman?

Here are a few quick videos to illustrate the madness which I am about to experience in the upcoming months. These videos show clips from the most famous Ironman race in the world in Kona, HI. Kona is where The Ironman World Championships take place. In Kona the best of the best compete and you can only be part of the field by qualifying. If you don't qualify, you can be invited to participate by taking part in a lottery where 10,000 applicants fight for 150 spots.

I am doing the Ironman in Sonoma, CA which covers the same distance...140.6 total miles. Although Hawaii looks LOVELY, you can call yourself an IRONMAN wherever you can cover the full distance of 2.4 mile swim / 112 mile bike / 26.2 mile run. Who knows...maybe I can get to Kona someday???

Ironman: YOU Will Do This



IRONMAN--There Are Only Two Types of People: Those That Say I can't...and Those That Say I CAN!

No comments: