Monday, November 21, 2011

IronTEAM 2012: First Team Bike Practice

Saturday 11/19/2011:
Hawaii Ironman 70.3

So I'm BACK! Excited to be back supporting Team In Training and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. After 14 month break from triathlons I'm itching to get back into the swing of things. I am signed up for the Hawaii Half Ironman Triathlon on June 2, 2012. This race will consist of a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run. Seven long months of training lie ahead but I am excited for the journey that awaits me.

I'm also committed to raising $4,500 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society(LLS) as part of this journey. This is an organization that has become a part of my life over the past 5 years and I will not stop raising much needed dollars and spreading awareness until we find a cure.

In the video below I briefly describe the first fundraising event I have in the works. I plan to organize a yard sale in early January where 100% of the proceeds will go to LLS. I'm collecting items from all my family and friends to sell at this event so if you are reading this and have some items lying around your house that you don't need...give me a shout. I plan to have many more fundraising events in the months ahead so I will keep you posted.

On this day, we had our first team bike ride and met at Dockweiler Beach for a calm 90 minute ride. This was only my second bike ride in 14 months so I definitely had a lot of cobwebs to clean out. The morning was great. The ride was awesome. The excitement of a new season and journey was certainly in the air. Let's do this!

Carlitos








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

digging the state farm water bottles!!! yea sonnnn... THE FARM IN THE HOUSE...LOL...

fabian...