Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Karaoke Fundraiser--This is WHY we all do this



I had my first fundraising event this past Sunday night with 3 of my teammates--Sharon, Arlene and Frenchie. We put on a Karaoke Night fundraising event at Backstage in Culver City. Our night included a "Westside Idol" karaoke contest as well as cool door prizes. The event was awesome and I am super happy to report it was a SUCCESS! We were able to raise as a group over $800 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. ALL the money will go to our individual fundraising efforts.

Our team fundraising captain is Frenchie and she did an AWESOME job helping organize this together for Sharon, Arlene and I. THANK YOU FRENCHIE! Sharon, Arlene and I were able to each get donated many neat door prizes that we used to promote our event. We had Oakley sunglasses, a Cheesecake Factory gift certificate, Best Buy gift card, free personal training sessions, wine, relaxation gift baskets and a $250 Hilton weekend gift certificate just to mention a few. Sharon and I had to work the door all night to greet guests and collect donations while Arlene spent the night signing up folks for our karaoke contest. Although I was busy most of the night at the door, I had time to enjoy the music, visit a bit with those who came and had a really fun time. I noticed laughter and smiles around the whole room so I am glad everyone in attendance had a fun time. At the end of the day, THIS is why all of us on the Ironman Team are training so hard and fundraising. To spread awareness and raise much needed funds for cancer research and patient services. This is what makes all the early mornings, sore evenings and long hours on the bike worth it all. THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO CAME BY and THANK YOU for all the kind words of encouragement I have received so far.

GO TEAM!

No comments: