Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Work on Saturday and Make Up Bike Ride on Sunday

Saturday January 16, 2010

60 Minute Run

Today I had to go to work. Yes, the insurance business is indeed hoppin for the new year so I had to go in on a Saturday and sell sell sell. Work caused me to miss practice with the team so I had to switch my days around. While the team did a 2.5 hour bike ride in Malibu, I worked from 10am to 4pm and went for a nice 60 minute run in Pasadena after leaving the office. The plan was to do Sunday's run on Saturday and make up today's bike ride on Sunday morning on my own. I shortened the 90 minute run to only 60 minutes because I didn't want to wear out my legs too much for tomorrow's ride.

Sunday January 17, 2010

2.5 Hour Bike Ride (about 40 miles)

and

Swim (2,000 Yards)



My buddy Seth was kind enough to join me for my ride today so I wouldn't be alone. We had a great ride together keeping up a comfortable pace. I met Seth at the corner of Ocean and San Vicente at 8am after biking from my apartment to our meeting spot. I live near SM Blvd and Bundy so it was about 20 minute ride, or warm up as I like to view it, before heading out on the real ride with Seth.

Seth and I rode north on PCH for 1 hr 15 min and then just turned around and came back the same way. We made it all the way to Zuma Beach which is further than I had expected in my mind. The weather was great and we had a terrific ride.







After finishing our ride I had to get back home to change and pick up my swim gear. I grabbed a quick bite to eat and then went over to 24 Hr Fitness to get my swim ON. 2,000 yards worth of drills today. Kind of boring. That is my overall feeling everytime I swim so nothing new today. I was pooped after both these workouts today and took a big LONG afternoon nap before heading down to visit moms and pops in the South Bay for some family time...and yummy home cooking too. Weekend over and OUT!

No comments: